Weekly Summary #3

This past week was an awesome last week to (almost) wrap-up my senior project. I finished up my second and final online coaching class with US Soccer online. I am now officially registered and recognized as a u10 and u12 by the official soccer organization of the United States. This was a big accomplishment for me, as I have found a passion for coaching and these two courses allowed me to better myself as a coach in so many different ways. I really enjoyed these classes, they were far more interesting and enjoyable than the nutrition classes for me personally. The practices this week were awesome, all the teams are showing immense improvement, especially the u10’s, u13’s and u18’s. The u13’s are currently undefeated, yet to lose a single game and are dominating most of their opponents. This is great for them, as many of them are actually younger than the average age for this league. There really weren’t too many surprises this week, aside from how long some of the online courses took me. I will benefit greatly from this week's activities. I feel like I am rapidly becoming far more aware of how big a role a coach plays in their team’s success. I am also building some really cool relationships with these kids, they all get really excited when they see me. Showing up to practice each and every day is something I never cease looking forward too. As I am becoming more well rounded as a coach I feel myself also becoming far more confident in my knowledge of the game. Thinking about soccer 24/7 has also helped me develop as a player. In my games and practices, I find myself thinking about a lot of the topics I discuss with my younger teams. Despite the age difference, everything the other coaches and I work on with them is stuff they will need to work on for the rest of their soccer careers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #4

Weekly Summary #1

Day #1